Design Director (Hands on UI Development Manager) – Marketing
TechExecOnline Hedge Fund
Marketing – Design Director
HEDGE FUND is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At HEDGE FUND, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The HEDGE FUND Marketing team is responsible for brand management, corporate communications, strategic marketing digital strategy and events design for the firm. Our goal is to raise the firm’s visibility and obtain and retain clients, using our global communications platform to address all investment strategies, regions and client channels. We seek to deliver the most effective, innovative and scalable ways to express the traits that set HEDGE FUND apart: our close ties to leading academic institutions, investment capabilities, client solutions and industry expertise. The Marketing team is part of HEDGE FUND’s Business Development team, a growing group of 146 employees dedicated to excellence in client service.
HEDGE FUND’s Marketing team is seeking an experienced Design Director responsible for leading the design team, establishing creative direction and creating campaigns, interactive digital assets, infographics and email communications across all touchpoints and channels. This responsibility includes conceptual design (mood boards, wireframes/storyboards) through execution.
Strong project management, conceptual skills in both digital and traditional executions and graphic design/production capabilities are required for this role. This player coach must have exceptional attention to detail and follow through as well as the ability to concurrently track and execute on multiple initiatives. Proven ability to transform complex and data-heavy concepts into easily consumable experiences and visuals are a must: sample portfolio required. This role reports into the “Head of Design & Digital Strategy”
- Direct, manage and lead designers across multiple disciplines and categories including project assignments
- Establish the creative direction, budgets and schedules for key projects
- Translate complex concepts and data into working prototypes and optimize to maximize the user experience
- Interpret and implement brand guidelines
- Motivate and influence design team to achieve excellence and efficiency
- Introduce new and innovative strategies
- Create and foster a collaborative team environment
- Work with internal teams, external agencies and freelancers to develop overall interactive and brand design vision
- Responsible for projects from concept, through production, to final release by working collaboratively with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Present creative concepts to senior leadership
- Identify, on-board and manage vendors
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience implementing web design projects and programs in a high demand, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the asset management business or other regulated industry.
- Experience Leading teams of designers
- Strong conceptual thinker, with an ability to drive creative solutions from start to finish
- Proven success leading visuals design, UI and UX for complex, data-heavy projects
- Solid understanding of IA/UI/UX interface design
- Strong, creative portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, UX, graphic design, data visualization and layout
- Solid analytical skills with an ability to distill financial data and information that depicts the findings in a clear, readable and digestible format
- Fundamental understanding of good website architecture
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines while also maintaining flexibility to change focus quickly as priorities shift
- Proofreading and quality control skills focused on accuracy of typing, layout and format consistency
- Enthusiastic, open-minded and approachable