Manager/Lead Application & Monitoring (Strong FIX Protocol)
Comp: 250-300k Relative to skillset
Firm is currently managing approximately 30 Billion in assets. At Hedge fund we provide technology, data, platforms and services to internal clients spanning trading, operations, risk and is embarking on a highly aggressive growth plan that covers Low Latency Trading, Cloud and Modern Webservices technologies. Our mission is to enable superior alpha generation by providing data and technology to support Quantitative, Fundamental and Tactical Trading. The Shared Research environment, powered by kdb+, includes a variety of Real-Time, Historical and Sentiment Data. We also offer a Low Latency Order Management System (OMS) and a comprehensive trading infrastructure, maintaining dedicated rack space within Nasdaq’s co-location facility in Carteret, New Jersey, and leverages a growing list of prime broker co-location facilities in Mahwah, New Jersey, Tokyo and the ASX. We also provide non-trading infrastructure in support of daily operations.
We are looking for a Hands-on Application Support Manager to Lead our firm. In this role, you will be managing our network operations center, trading support team, and monitoring and ticketing systems. Our trading support team is responsible for nonstop monitoring of our infrastructure and trading applications. This role requires a Hands-on Manager that can lead both strategically and tactically a team of 4 –5 reports.
You will also spearhead and define support and documenting procedures throughout the team.
• Currently leading a team of 3+ reports.
• Strong current experience supporting FIX Protocol
• Strong current experience supporting Market Data
• Scripting (Python, Perl, or Other)
• Strong ability to communicate with Head of Trading, Development, and C-Suite.
• Experience managing Linux from a level 1 support aspect
Nice to Have:
• Low-latency Application Support
• Monitoring systems
• Networking from a level 1 support aspect
• Windows from a level 1 support aspect
Awesome to Have:
• Experience Managing Chef
• Experience Managing Quant Equities applications
• Experience Managing ServiceNow Administration