Automation Infrastructure Engineer (SRE)
(SRE) Automation Infrastructure Engineer
We are seeking a highly-capable and self-motivated Infrastructure Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. The Infrastructure team is responsible for all aspects of AWS, compute, storage, Linux, Windows, authentication, and systems automation. Infra is also responsible for the information architecture, design, and implementation of our cloud environment. Infra provides the foundation on which the SaaS platform (which runs entirely within AWS and primarily on Linux) operates. The role requires a mix of systems engineering, software development, site reliability engineering, and systems administration expertise.
- Designing, developing, managing, and ensuring the reliability of a wide range of critical infrastructure systems, services, tools, and automation that provide the foundation for our SaaS application platform.
- Developing next-generation strategic architecture and existing infrastructure management tools.
- Troubleshooting critical production issues that our DevOps teams have escalated and require Level 3 expertise.
- Working closely with our application teams to optimize integration between our SaaS software and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years of relevant experience demonstrating an ownership and delivery mentality. An academic background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related discipline is strongly preferred, but we will consider exceptional candidates with degrees in other disciplines who have commensurate experience. Requirements include:
- Experience with engineering Linux environments, including developing software on Linux, systems automation & engineering on Linux, and debugging Linux applications and performance problems.
- Understanding the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Unix, and DevOps philosophies and knowing the difference between SLO, SLI, SLA, and SRE vs. DevOps. Time spent as an SRE is a plus.
- Programming ability is required. Advanced Python and shell scripting are required. The ability to read, code, and debug other high or low-level languages is a plus. Understanding the JVM execution environment is desirable and the ability to read and write Haskell is a strong plus. The ideal candidate will be proficient in more than one programming language.
- Knowledge and experience using and automating AWS. The services we use include EC2, EBS, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, SNS, VPC, Lambda, and EKS.
- Experience using git, Ansible, yum/RPM, Kubernetes & Docker, and/or Datadog is a plus.
- Open source contributions and financial industry experience are a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills. The ability to write clearly and communicate openly with the team is required.