C++ Developer – Order Routing, Quoting and Trade Reporting
Job Title: C++ Developer – Order Routing, Quoting and Trade Reporting
Location: Philadelphia Area
SIG is seeking a Software Developer to join a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining our high-performance order routing, trade and back-office reporting systems for equities, options, and futures. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work on several of our highly distributed, business critical systems. In this role, you will engage the full SDLC, use your creativity to solve a diverse set of problems, and take full ownership of what you develop. We’re looking for a C++ developer who has experience with Linux and interest in working with other cutting-edge technologies.
In this role, you will:
· Research, design, develop and test software components and applications in a heterogeneous technology environment using knowledge of object oriented programming and C++/Linux
· Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, cost, and performance constraints
· Engage in problem definition, decomposition, and solutions definition within the scope of the application and the run-time environment
· Take a holistic view of systems and understand how the hardware, networking, and middleware layers integrate with software components
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience developing software applications is required. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education.
· The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, free-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and who has the ability to propose creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
· Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of Object oriented design and software development in a high-performance / high throughput environment using C++ (preferably in a Linux environment) is required
· Experience with .NET or Java preferred
· Excellent attention to detail and an appreciation for the balance between the perfect technical solution and time to market considerations
· Ability to take ownership of projects and assume the responsibility for success
· Provide innovative ideas to improve the ability of our systems and our team