Dev Ops Engineer
Comp: Up to 350k
The successful candidate must be a subject matter expert in extending a firm’s on premise compute infrastructure to an external cloud service, instantiating services at the external provider and incorporating the offering within an existing service catalog. The candidate must have in depth hands-on experience with a wide range of computing platforms, enterprise core services and Amazon Web Services. The role will be primarily focused on design, configuration, implementation and support of a firm’s off premise cloud offering.
- Creation of an overarching strategy for establishing a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in GCP
- Merging of our enterprise CentOS and Windows build requirements with Google images and integration with Google native tooling
- Configuration and management of MLP’s GCP VCP, establishment of our core services in the VPC, enabling Google to serve as a part of MLP’s network
- Drive Identity and Access Management (IAM), configuration management, and monitoring strategy for GCP
- Establish and manage a patch management strategy for the cloud
- Lead design process for network connectivity to GCP including necessary bandwidth and exploration of various interconnection options
- Extension of MLP standard systems management processes into the cloud including change, incident, and problem management
- Establishment and implementation of monitoring and performance management infrastructure for both availability and performance management
- Establishment of storage use cases and service catalog including usage of ephemeral storage, Google cloud storage, Nearline, and Coldline
- Integration of GCP management tooling with MLP including automation of spin-up and spin-down and billing approvals
- Design and implementation of data protection options, including HA and BCP protection at GCP
- 10+ years of experience as a full time IT professional
- 3+ years of experience designing and supporting Google environments
- Candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math or Engineering).
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Google
- Optional but highly desired: knowledge of at least one other cloud hosting solution in addition to GCP (e.g. Amazon, Azure, Helion Cloud, SoftLayer).
- Proficiency with Ruby, Python, Perl, Unix shell, or other scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with one or more configuration management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Hands-on experience utilizing Amazon Web Services API Extensive experience managing enterprise on premise compute implementations
- Thorough knowledge of configuration management tooling for Linux based environments
- Experience designing and supporting enterprise core services as well as cloud deployments of these services
- Extensive knowledge of Unix operating systems, especially RHEL/CentOS
- Working and integration with technology and business teams
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning experience, a plus.
- Quick learner, Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Excellent team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience leading small team providing guidance, mentoring and operational oversight.
|Job Category||Full Time|