Location: – Mid-town NYC
The Devops Engineer’s role is to help provide a stable foundation and reliable operating platform to ensure the Data Warehouse and Digital Innovator groups are provided with the technology they require to build and scale their technology in the cloud. This dynamic role will assist in expanding the needs of this fast paced and growing environment.
The engineer will be working within the organization’s AWS account to provide a reliable platform for the business to build on. The engineer will assist in the overall configuration of the AWS account, and will be fully versed in configuration and management of AWS services including EC2, RDS, Lambda as well as many other cloud components. Multi-vendor cloud experience with Azure or Google is a huge plus.
The role will also entail configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Linux instances in the cloud. Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, ClusterShell, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Opsworks or similar technologies are required, as is deep experience with Linux OS. Strong scripting skills for the purposes of Linux OS administration and automation is a necessity. Ability to review code in other languages such as Python will be helpful as well as prior experience with SDLC, continuous integration and other code pipeline concepts.
- Deep knowledge and strong background in Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu) administration in managed high-performance computing environments.
- Deep experience with AWS including architecting, building, deploying and scaling out applications on AWS, utilization of AWS API/CLI, IAM policy, AWS security groups
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, ClusterShell, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Proven scripting expertise with Python, Bash, Perl or other languages for purposes of Linux administration and automation purposes
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration (CI) practices and tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI or similar tools
- Tableau Server management and administration
- Experienced in administration of version control systems such as GitHub in a production environment
- Ability to contribute to the software development process to extent of defining tools, methods, and processes
- Ability to help establish and enforce secure development workflow and operations processes
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring and resolution
- Highly aware of Information Security trends and secure design concepts
- Ability to solve complex technical problems in the simplest way possible
- Comfortable interfacing with developer population
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or technical equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role supporting mission critical production applications
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data / data warehouse
- Other cloud vendor experience or multi cloud management solutions (Azure, Google)
- Familiarity with containers management (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, …)
- Familiarity with IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls
- Experience with Database Administration, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization (MySQL / MS SQL / Oracle / Postgres / Others)
- Understanding of entire SDLC pipeline from code, build, integration validation, unit testing, release management and deployment
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot code in Python, Java and other languages
- Understanding of REST and SOAP
- CISSP with concentration in Architecture or Engineering preferred
|Job Category||Full Time|