End User Support Engineer provides technical support, administration, for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-directed technical expert that can work both independently and with the broader team. The right candidate is focused on asking better questions as opposed to simply providing immediate answers.
If you aspire to:
- Be entrepreneurial, self-directed technical expert that can work both independently and with the broader team.
- Focus on asking better questions as opposed to simply providing immediate answers.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Identifying, diagnosing, researching, tracking and resolving technical problems.
- Escalating issues and facilitating user assistance from third parties or other IT groups as needed.
- Maintaining a senior level of knowledge and involvement in many aspects our trading environment.
- Adding and maintaining user accounts and permissions on systems in compliance with our security policies.
- Deploying, managing and documenting a wide variety of devices and applications running primarily on Dell desktops, ThinkPad laptops, Blackberries, RSA Remote Access Tokens, and IPC Trading Turrets.
- Configuring and repairing workstations, laptops, dealer boards and blackberries on a timely and independent basis.
- Interacting independently with end users and meeting all assigned user support and IT project commitments.
- Tracking assignments of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Effectively working in a cooperative and collaborative global team environment.
- Engaging in technical collaboration with other Infrastructure groups and Business IT teams as appropriate.
If you’ve proven you have:
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues and adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment.
- A solid understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware and peripherals.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft business products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows), and other common business productivity software.
- A good understanding of LAN technologies and the TCP/IP protocol.
- A solid knowledge of workstation connectivity solutions, including wireless networking, broadband solutions, and VPN clients. A working knowledge of broad based server technology within a Microsoft environment; including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience working on and supporting remote computing components and solutions including but not limited to: RSA Servers and appliances, Cisco VPN and Citrix.
- Communicated effectively with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, on the phone, and via e-mail).
- Interacted professionally with internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) and 3+ years of relevant technical support experience.
|Job Category||Full Time|