Title: Energy Quantitative Researcher (Developer)
Comp: Up to 500k+
Proprietary trading firm is a global, proprietary quantitative trading firm focusing on high performance, low latency trading. Our Energy trading desk works with a broad array of products, focusing on Financial Transmission Rights (FTRs), electricity, natural gas, weather, and energy options. We are searching for a Quantitative Research Analyst to join our traders, technologists, electrical engineers and strategists.
Working with our energy desk you will:
- Utilize data mining skills to clean, model, and evaluate large data sets collected from the power, energy, and commodity markets.
- Develop and test algorithms and models for generating trade signals, specifically for FTRs and electricity.
- Collaborate with Firm’s traders and technologists to optimize the trading strategies used for our energy products.
- Provide statistical, data, and power-flow analysis in support of the energy team.
- Our most successful Quantitative Researchers in the energy group are both patient and thorough. They are able to communicate models and optimization strategies comprehensively by understanding and analyzing the energy products Firm trades. You will need to have an inherent interest in the financial markets as well as energy generation, distribution and consumption.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 3 years of progressive experience developing software applications using an object oriented language. Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- Three (3) years of recent hands-on experience with the .NET, C++, or Java technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
|Job Category||Full Time|