Enterprise Cloud Architect – AWS
Enterprise Cloud Architect
This individual will be responsible for designing, creating, communicating and executing the Enterprise Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud Strategy, for DTCC and its subsidiaries.
This role’s focus is on developing Enterprise Cloud capabilities, both internal, hybrid and external, and all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and Saas.
Will collaborate with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during Cloud System design and development phases.
Provides advice, interpretation, and review of Enterprise Cloud architecture and design principles.
Focuses on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members.
Conducts research and understands cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities and how they relate in support of DTCC’s overall Enterprise Architecture.
Firm/Enterprise Architecture Related
· Enables DTCC to implement the most optimal and effective, business solutions
· Maintains understanding of existing DTCC applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
· Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse DTCC solutions to a single architecture.
· Develops and documents architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
· Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties – ensures that ADM, Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together
· Obtains concurrence and agreement on architecture solutions from, as applicable: Applications Development, Infrastructure, CISO, Internal Audit, and Product Management.
· Supports adherence to relevant ADM/CMMI, ITIL, internal audit, and risk-management standards. Architects the group’s security policies to ensure compliance with relevant departmental, company-wide, and industry-mandated policies and directives.
· Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
· Conducts presentations and education on Architecture’s concepts and solutions to appropriate areas of DTCC.
· Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring and resolving adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
· Provides guidance and leadership for DTCC’s technology standardization process
· Works across IT to identify opportunities for reusing technology
· Define standards and policies for the security, compliance and governance of data and information stored or processed at an external Cloud provider, including IaaS (Infrastructure), PaaS (Application Platform) and SaaS (Software) models
· Establish an Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Secure and compliant data and messaging egress and ingress
· Federated authentication and authorization models
· Automated workload lifecycle management
· Data and information at rest encryption and security
· Application porting, integration and maintenance
· On-demand, self-service access to Enterprise Cloud applications, platforms and offerings
· Overall cloud management tools, monitoring, alerting, chargeback, capacity and performance management, and service level objective definitions.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IT platform, storage, and network virtualization architecture and engineering, including:
- In depth knowledge of private, hybrid and public cloud offerings and vendors
- In depth knowledge of the complete VMware datacenter and desktop technology stack.
- In depth knowledge of alternative hypervisor platforms and their management capabilities (Xen, XenServer, KVM, Hyper-V).
- In depth knowledge of storage and network virtualization technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with the physical infrastructure (EMC, NetApp, HP, Cisco).
- In depth knowledge of virtualization management and monitoring technologies, capabilities and market trends
- In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating platforms
· In depth experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability
· Experience with Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elasic load balancing / Block / Relational Database
· Experience architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation
· Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation for virtualized infrastructures
· Experience with IBM Mainframe platforms including LPAR, IFL, zVM & zLinux
· Experience with IBM P-Series platforms including LPAR, dynamic LPAR, Micro-Partitioning, Virtual I/O Server and Capacity on Demand
· Experience with MS Windows (server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES), AIX Operating platforms
· Experience with Web technologies including web services architectures and security
· Experience with RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC, Sybase, MS-SQL, DB2
· Experience with 10G & 40G network technologies and I/O Virtualization
· Experience overhauling legacy applications to work with modern technologies
· Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses pertinent to cloud, server, storage and network virtualization
· Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the Process Architecture
· Possesses a detailed understanding of Domain/Area/Team applications and their development throughout all phases of the lifecycle
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of the business units that the Domain supports
· Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of DTCC corporate objectives
· Demonstrates proficiencies in business case development, program management, issue resolution, and communication
· Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
· Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation and capacity/scaling challenges
· Strong knowledge related to public/private/hybrid cloud solutions and market trends, PaaS, SaaS, storage and network optimization
Education, Training or Certification:
· Experience with Amazon’s EC2, VPC, and S3, Microsoft’s Azure, OpenStack and either the JBoss SOA stack
· In depth knowledge of Cloud Management tools and methodologies
· VMware Certified Design Expert for vSphere 5 preferred, with extensive hands on experience as a Virtualization Architect in an enterprise environment
· Advanced degree in a technical discipline preferred