Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Position: Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Location: Jersey City
Responsible for creating, communicating, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide infrastructure platform technology architecture design, principals, guidelines and solutions. Responsible for advancing IT infrastructure architecture in support of DTCC's business and IT strategy, and developing roadmaps and blueprints to ensure architecture goals are met. Collaborates with the Infrastructure and Technology Risk Management staff during system design and development phases, providing advice, interpretation, and review of infrastructure platform architecture and design principles. Focuses on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members. Conducts research and understands hardware, network, storage, virtualization and cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities and how they relate in support of DTCC’s overall enterprise architecture.
Firm/Enterprise Architecture Related
- Enables DTCC to implement the most optimal and effective, business solutions
- Maintains understanding of existing DTCC applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
- Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse DTCC solutions to a single architecture.
- Develops and documents architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties – ensures that ADM, Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together
- Obtains concurrence and agreement on architecture solutions from, as applicable: Applications Development, Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management, Internal Audit, and Product Management.
- Supports adherence to relevant ADM/CMMI, ITIL, internal audit, and risk-management standards. Architects the group’s security policies to ensure compliance with relevant departmental, company-wide, and industry-mandated policies and directives.
- Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
- Conducts presentations and education on Architecture’s concepts and solutions to appropriate areas of DTCC.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring adherence to enterprise-wide standards and solutions.
- Provides guidance and leadership for DTCC’s technology standardization process
- Works across IT to identify opportunities for reusing technology
- Conceptualize and design next generation multi-tenant data center virtual infrastructure, inclusive of server and desktop platforms, networks, storage (SAN/NAS), Cloud, Security, Lifecycle Management and Operations.
- Lead and build consensus among engineering teams, in the design and development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems
- Understanding, recommending and guiding improvements across the infrastructure service layers of network, storage, server, virtualization, and operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of application and middleware integration with infrastructure platforms.
- Develop cross-platform Virtualization Technology roadmap. Analyze and recommend emerging virtualization technologies that can provide benefit while reducing risk.
- Provide virtualization architecture guidance, research technical issues; publish standards, best practices, white papers and solutions. Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
- Act as the Virtualization “subject matter expert” by providing technical leadership across all IT technology disciplines.
- Analyze capacity utilization and trending and make recommendations for strategic upgrades and expansion.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in infrastructure platform, storage, and network physical and virtual architecture and engineering
- In depth knowledge of the complete VMware datacenter and desktop technology stack.
- In depth knowledge of alternative hypervisor platforms and their management capabilities (Xen, XenServer, KVM, Hyper-V).
- In depth knowledge of physical and virtual global storage and network technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with the physical infrastructure (Cisco, CheckPoint, Alcatel, EMC, NetApp, etc.).
- In depth knowledge of virtualization management and monitoring technologies, capabilities and market trends
- In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating platforms
- In depth experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability
- Experience with Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elasic load balancing / Block / Relational Database
- Experience architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation for virtualized and cloud infrastructures
- Applied knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods, and tools
- Applied knowledge of high availability infrastructure designs and methodologies
- Applied knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Experience with IBM Mainframe platforms including LPAR, IFL, zVM & zLinux
- Experience with IBM P-Series platforms including LPAR, dynamic LPAR, Micro-Partitioning, Virtual I/O Server and Capacity on Demand
- Experience with MS Windows (server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES), AIX Operating platforms
- Experience with Web technologies including web services architectures and security
- Experience with RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC, Sybase, MS-SQL, DB2
- Experience overhauling legacy applications to work with modern technologies
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses pertinent to server, storage and network virtualization and cloud computing
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the Process Architecture
- Possesses a detailed understanding of Domain/Area/Team applications and their development throughout all phases of the lifecycle
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the business units that the Domain supports
- Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of DTCC corporate objectives
- Demonstrates proficiencies in business case development, program management, issue resolution, and communication
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
- Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation and capacity/scaling challenges
- Strong knowledge related to public/private/hybrid cloud solutions and market trends, PaaS, SaaS, storage and network optimization
Education, Training or Certification:
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline preferred, or work equivalent
- Technical/Achitectural certifications across network, storage, server, virtualization and cloud technologies