Title: Global Stock Selection – Head of Alternative Data
Comp: Up to 600k
HEDGE FUND, is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We invest on behalf of our clients — including institutional investors, such as pension funds, defined contribution plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, family offices and sovereign wealth funds, as well as RIAs, private banks and financial advisors. Our commitment to these clients is to help them exceed their long-term objectives. We do this by filtering out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by implementing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing.
Our focus on research-driven, practical insights powered by advanced technology, economic intuition and firm-wide risk management, has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies and explains why so many types of investors seek our expertise in meeting their financial challenges.
About the Team
The Research department is responsible for the portfolio management and research of FIRM’s strategies relating to individual equities and equity related securities across all global liquid markets. Our models are applied to market-neutral long/short portfolios in FIRM hedge funds as well as to long-only, relaxed-constraint and low volatility portfolios for institutional equity mandates and mutual funds.
We are seeking a Head of Alternative Data to join our team of professionals and focus on our proprietary strategies related to global stock selection and asset allocation. Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and are expected to be hands-on and self-sufficient in conducting all aspects of research projects. The role will involve collaboration with other researchers, portfolio managers, risk managers and traders to develop new and improve current investment strategies. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously seek out new, alternative data sources to introduce to our research process
- Meet with data vendors and research organizations to analyze new alternative data sets with the potential to generate novel strategies; develop evaluation strategy, organize trial periods and conduct evaluation and assessment. Responsible for all negotiations / keeping track of vendors and data sources
- Appreciate the process of how to extract, transform, and apply statistical learning to drive insights from alternative data. Lead product development efforts to transform raw information into sophisticated but elegant investment solution
- Establish in partnership with GSS Research a proper evaluation framework in whichpotential new data sources can be vetted and introduced
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders (Research, Compliance, Finance, Engineering) to onboard new data sources and set up a process which can be maintained
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. degree from top institution in economics, finance, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Experience working in a similar quantitative or technical environment
- Experience using programming skills to manipulate large financial data sets for empirical research. Strong skills in one or more high-level languages required, with Python or Java preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills with demonstrated understanding of mathematics, probability, statistics and linear algebra
- Strong understanding of economic and financial concepts and demonstrated intuition around applying these concepts in a quantitative environment
- Demonstrated ability to express and articulate ideas and thought processes in both verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Who You Are
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
|Job Category||Full Time|