- Hiring Department/Group: Public Cloud
- Job Title: Head of Cloud Enablement
- Office Location: New York City, NY 10103
Job Function Summary
The firm is building a state of the art multi-cloud compute and data platform. This lightweight and flexible platform is designed to enable application developers, quantitative analysts, and data scientists, to take advantage of cloud native capabilities, iterate quickly, and build elastic systems, while ensuring the security and resiliency of the platform.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to engage directly with portfolio managers and other business units, to understand their requirements, and enable them to leverage public cloud offerings. Based on the business needs, this candidate will also set technical direction and drive the development requirements for our cloud platforms.
The candidate will oversee a small team of solution architects that will help design and deploy cloud based systems for the business units. The engineers will work closely with application developers, quants, and data scientists that are aligned with those business units. These engineers will provide their expertise in cloud systems and offerings, as well as the in house framework and tools we develop on top of them.
We are looking for a senior, hands-on manager and engineer that is customer focused. This individual must be an evangelist and someone that is able to repeatedly and reliably build solutions.
This individual will have a strong understanding of cloud based infrastructure, and the various offerings from cloud providers including AWS, Google, and Azure. The candidate will also have experience automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure on at least one cloud provider. The candidate must have experience with source control and developing production code in one or more languages that preferably includes Python.
The candidate should have knowledge of Linux systems administration, containerization, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems. Experience with tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible is desired. Experience with logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting is also strongly desired.
- Build and lead a customer focused cloud enablement team that works with business aligned teams to design, develop, test and deploy cloud infrastructure
- Engage with the business units to help them understand when and how to utilize public cloud platforms and track the progress of engagements
- Build relationships with quantitative, software engineering, and data science teams to develop strategies for operating in a cloud
- Based on the business needs, set the technical direction and drive the development requirements for our cloud platforms
- Experience consulting with business units to develop public cloud solutions
- Experinece building and leading development and engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of public cloud platforms with deep expertise in at least one
- Experience developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code, preferably in python
- Strong understanding of serverless architectures including containers and functions
- Systems engineering knowledge, including understanding of Linux, security, and networking
- Knowledge of configuration and automation tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vagrant, Packer
- Cloud templating tools such as CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Experience with building, monitoring, and alerting on logs and metrics
- Cloud Networking including connectivity, routing, DNS, VPCs, proxies, and load balancers
- Cloud Security including IAM, Certificate Management, and Key management
- Strong employee development and team building
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Self-starter able to execute independently, on a deadline, and under pressure
|Job Category||Full Time|