Title: Head of Data Science
Firm: Hedge Fund.
Comp: Up to 400k
HEDGE FUND, is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We invest on behalf of our clients — including institutional investors, such as pension funds, defined contribution plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, family offices and sovereign wealth funds, as well as RIAs, private banks and financial advisors. Our commitment to these clients is to help them exceed their long-term objectives. We do this by filtering out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by implementing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing.
Our focus on research-driven, practical insights powered by advanced technology, economic intuition and firm-wide risk management, has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies and explains why so many types of investors seek our expertise in meeting their financial challenges.
About the Role:
The Head of Data Science will lead a Data scientists, Data Engineers and collaborate closely with key stakeholders ( Heads of Business, Development mental Heads, etc. ) to better navigate the firm’s trading solutions. You will be on the cutting edge of data science, experimentation, machine learning, modeling, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions. You will lead the team to leverage established and novel data sources, quantitative and qualitative research, and machine learning techniques to deliver tools and insights that have a direct impact on HEDGE FUND’s growth plans.
- Dive deep into all available details, rediscover the customer, seek the customer, and strategize with stakeholders and leaders to produce meaningful solutions
- Establish insights that guide the publisher by decomposing the author, the story, and the word
- Support the producer by determining the voice, find the actor, and study the spoken word
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to ensure that data science insights can be incorporated into all key decision making
- Lead and continue to build a world class data science team
- 10+ years of experience in a Financial or equivalent business environment
- 5+ years of experience in attracting, managing, and growing high-performing teams, including managing and developing leaders
- PhD or MSc in a relevant field such as statistics, mathematics, or physics.
- Ability to communicate complex results to all types of functions and levels within the organization
- Comfort in bringing analytical tools to real business situations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and build a long-term vision
- Strong knowledge C, Mathematica, Matlab, Python, R, SAS, etc. (complete fluency in at least one)
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development
The suitable candidate must have experience of:
- Knowledge of other Big Data Tools such as: AWS, Hadoop, Spark, S3, Scala, MongoDB
- 7+ Years of Commercial Experience working in aData Scienceand Analytics capacity, and hold a strong understanding a range of tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Python, Spark, Hadoop, S3, MongoDB, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Advanced Analysis, Predictive Analytics, Modelling, Segmentation, Data Mining, Big Data, Cluster Analysis.
- Strong background ofMachine Learning, advanced analysis techniques, predictive analytics, segmentationetc.
• Experience of leading, mentoring and managing a team
|Job Category||Full Time|