Job Title: Head of Middleware Development
Comp: Up to 400k
Location: Downtown, NYC
Senior Role in a Team Building the Next Generation Global Market Data Messaging system for one of the world’s largest IDBs. You will be joining the Global Messaging Team responsible for consolidating Tibco EMS and MQ to a new Solace-based Messaging API for adoption across the organization. This role will involve evaluating the current JMS/MQ/Solace architecture and implementation, proposing options for consolidating the architecture, being involved with the support of these systems and participating in the integration of these systems with the new Solace Enterprise API platform.
· Evaluate the current Tibco EMS, Tibco BusinessWorks, IBM MQ and Solace architecture and implementation across the firm. Identify gaps and omissions in existing architecture.
· Advise on the course of action for integrating these systems with the new Solace-based Enterprise API.
· Consolidate the administration and support of EMS/MQ/Solace in the London and NA offices, requiring out-of-hours support coverage.
· Work on architecture and design projects with minimal supervision.
· To carry out integration, perform capacity management, maintenance and upgrade activities on messaging applications, appliances and services.
· To analyze, design and build any such projects.
· To liaise with other development teams as necessary to implement cross-team projects
· To work in partnership with the business/business analysts to identify key requirements for implementation.
· To identify any technical requirements for new products
· To work with all the business and technology departments to ensure all business and technical requirements are met
· Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviors across the firm
To undertake and manage:
· Systems Analysis and design
· Systems development
· Systems documentation
· 2nd line production support
Skills \ Experience Required:
· Tibco EMS, IBM MQ, Tibco BusinessWorks, scripting languages
· Experience in large enterprise organizations designing, documenting and implementing processes for efficient Message Bus management for production and developer use.
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose failure scenarios and identify root cause issues under pressure
· Experience of software development in a financial services environment advantageous
· Willingness to keep up to date with latest technology trends and proactively identify appropriate areas into which they can be applied
· Solace Messaging Platform
· Experience of accommodating key requirements of MIFID II in designs/implementations.
|Job Category||Full Time|