Clarient LLC Overview
Clarient LLC is a company jointly-owned by The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) and six global banks. The six banks which have formed a consortium with DTCC are: Barclays, Bank of New York-Mellon, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and State Street.
Clarient Entity Hub (primary service offering) is a comprehensive client reference data utility with 2 primary objectives:
- Drive the industry’s call for a comprehensive, global, standardized platform to collect and manage client reference data and establish uniform data standards; and
- Create an industry solution that increases control and data security while reducing operational complexity and cost for all industry participants.
Clarient Entity Hub provides a single trusted source of standardized data and document processing for those institutions that wish to either supply or use the data to/from the Utility. In addition, the utility provides:
- A user-governed solution that adapts to industry/regulatory changes and user needs
- Standard data formats, document management and controlled delivery to all counterparties
- Regulatory compliance facilitation for KYC/AML and FATCA documentation collection. (Future development will allow the utility to also be a trusted source for standardized data and document processing for other compliance requirements such as “Dodd-Frank” regulatory needs.)
- Innovative data services (e.g., secure permissioning)
- Standardized mapping of organizational relationships and legal entity hierarchies
- High availability via scalable platform and 24/6.5 service model
- Transparency for all participants permissioned onto the system
- Credibility through operational support from multiple large industry participants including industry-owned and regulated service provider DTCC
Please visit http://www.clarientglobal.com/ to learn more about Clarient.
Head of Infrastructure Position Overview:
Manage all aspects of hosted server infrastructure, end user services and ITSM-related activities for ClarientGlobal.
- Directs, Manages, Plans, and administers the operational and administrative activities of multiple projects and technical support for a technology department.
- Fosters internal & external customer relationships including IBM, InfoSys, and DTCC.
- Manages vendor relationships with the 3 primary Service Providers (IBM/SoftLayer, InfoSys and DTCC)
- Accountable for Problem/Incident/Change/Configuration management in the hosted data centers
- Accountable for production network design and administration
- Works closely with CISO on info security issues affecting ClarientEntityHub products
- Accountable for all BCP and disaster recovery planning and execution
- Accountable for working with the Service Providers to maintain the pre-negotiated level of service availability
- Works closely with MD of Client ops to maintain high level of support for Clarient’s users and clients
- Develops departmental strategies (e.g. workflow processes, training, technology, staffing)
- Defines departmental goals and objectives, supports their completion and ties success to compensation.
- Ensures adherence to Clarient product development lifecycle.
- Aligns goals, responsibilities, and priorities with the Clarient corporate strategy.
- Works closely with senior management to convey status & escalate issues
- Communicate with other groups across the firm to resolve issues, get information/data, and get an understanding of the work/systems in other areas.
- Works closely with project managers to prioritize, staff and point of escalation for decision making on projects
- Participates in budget process
- Foster career development and training of team members
- Provides performance management and related compensation decision for direct reports as well as reviews all compensation recommendations for team.
- Fosters teamwork amongst staff and cross-functional teams
- Background in Operations in mission critical financial services environment is critical
- Requires knowledge of Networks, Storage, Firewalls, Load Balancers, BCP/DR, Operating systems, architecture, middleware components, new technology, or an equivalent combination in education and work experience
- Demonstrate leadership in a matrix environment
- Combination of in depth business knowledge & technical expertise
- 8-12 years’ work experience in IT with at least six years in Operations and Technical services support. Experience in financial services environment is critical.
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities & crisis management
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Strong leadership & coaching skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training
- Business and technical knowledge of Clarient’s applications and systems
- Maintains open communication channels between staff and management.
- Ability to manage and influence relationships with both vendors and joint venture partners
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; adapts style and content to needs of audience
- Ability to work closely across all functional groups