Infrastructure Operations Engineer
The Enterprise Command Center has three core functions: Infrastructure Monitoring, Operations, and Outage Management. The successful candidate will work on resolving infrastructure issues and fulfilling requests across the following IT Infrastructure areas: Unix, Window, and Networking. In addition, the candidate will manage IT and Trading outages that can potentially impact the business. A good understanding of IT Infrastructure is required with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- IT Infrastructure Monitoring and Operations – remediate issues with Millennium’s IT infrastructure estate and fulfill operational requests
- IT and Trading Outage Management – coordinate responses to outages, communicate to stakeholders, and manage conference calls
- Identify areas of improvement across monitoring tools and dashboards
- Interface with Business and IT teams (e.g. Portfolio Managers, and Developers) through email and telephone.
- Work as part of a team to deliver world class service
- Develop strong relationships with Business and IT teams
- Document processes and procedures to ensure global consistency across Operations
- Foster an innovative and collaborative culture that is focused on high quality and a do it right do it once mentality.
- College Degree in an IT discipline
- Linux and Windows OS Administration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and development of networks across technology and business groups
- Desire to learn new technologies and leveraging this knowledge in the management of significant outages
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency with ability to adapt to new responsibilities
- An assertive but diplomatic communication style with a proven ability to prioritize workload and perform in a high pressure environment
- Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Weekend and backup coverage required