The role of the Application Analyst is to drive the design, implementation and maintenance of web based application services and user interfaces. This person will lead a small team of developers on various projects related to enhancing and maintaining applications. The Application Analyst will work closely with the Manager IT to design solutions and ensuring that standards are met. The Application Analyst will also work closely with the Product team to identify and analyze functional requirements. Duties include requirements analysis, providing sizing estimates, development of detailed design specifications, implementation and unit testing. In addition, this staff member is a key player in diagnosing and remediating production issues should they arise.
- Expert-level knowledge of: Java, XML/XSD, HTML5/CSS3, Web Services, JDBC
- Expert-level knowledge of one of the following: Android-development, JBoss, WebSphere Application Server
- Strong understanding of: Web Site Security , Session Management, Oracle, DB2, Linux
- Experience developing applications with graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
- Full software development life cycle experience, Agile
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field. Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
- Must have excellent analytical, and oral and written communications skills.
- Must be well organized and a team player.
- Quick learner & able to multi-task
- Excellent programming skills
- Strong background in Software Engineering
- Object-oriented Design and Development
- Exposure to High volume transaction processing systems
5+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor’s Degree at College of Engineering and Technology or equivalent work experience.
** First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)**