As part of the Core Engineering group, you will be working in a team to uplift our SDLC platforms for all engineering. The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 9,000 engineers. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products faster, with higher quality, and improved performance.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Part of the Core Engineering group's function is to provide best in class language supporting and tooling for our engineering community to facilitate the building, testing and deployment of their products. We strive for our tooling to improve product quality, developer productivity and increased opportunities for collaboration. Modernizing SDLC platforms for Windows and Unix and moving towards Cloud based platforms will have direct benefit for many of the firm's critical systems.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient
- Systemize, automate, or eliminate recurring tasks and issues
- Ensure runtime environments are correctly configured and modelled in terms of hardware and software topology
- Excel at building strong relationships with other engineers
- Enjoy collaboration and open to adopting new ideas
- Excited to grow your career with us and to lead projects/teams over time
- 7+ of industry experience
- Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure, or System Admin role and a good understanding of the DevOps landscape, for example: Continuous deployment, deployment pipelines, monitoring solutions
- Prior experience working with Containers (e.g. Docker) and Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Happy to embrace and master new technologies
- Proficient with Linux and/or Windows
- Prior operational experience with GitLab Enterprise Edition
- Prior experience with Kubernetes
- Prior experience with the Prometheus/Grafana monitoring stack
- Prior operational experience with Cloud based technologies, particularly AWS