When technology runs perfectly, it’s seamless and invisible to the people who use it every day. But we know that painstaking work is required to build and manage the environments critical to people’s productivity. Well-run technology means a well-run company, and both are non-negotiable for us.
We’re looking for a sharp, motivated, and talented Systems Administrator to take on a broad slice of our end-user technology environment (things like desktops, telephony, mobile devices, messaging, video conferencing, AV, and more) while expanding into an ever-growing set of back-end systems (physical and virtual servers, networks, and storage). Our dream candidate doesn’t need lots of experience but must be a die-hard techie and tinkerer – someone who isn’t satisfied just figuring out how something works, but who is consumed with why it works that way.
Why work with us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-three-year track record and a reputation for excellence. We strive to be the best quantitative investment firm on the planet, not by assets under management, but by the quality of our products. As a place to work, PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Be the bridge between people and technology by ensuring a seamless, responsive, and proactive user experience
- Own build, configuration, problem-solving, troubleshooting, maintenance, and support across end-user technologies
- Handle general systems administration across an array of back-end platforms
- Participate in new technology selection, testing, and rollout
- A year or more of relevant experience is helpful, but we welcome outstanding candidates without any professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to adeptly assess and fix technical problems.
- Unambiguous passion for technology.
- Programming skills beyond simple scripting are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field from an excellent academic program.
|Job Category||Full Time|