Linux Engineering – Consultant
- Member of a team of high performing Linux Engineers responsible for providing direction, complete time sensitive tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high stress environment while remaining calm and in control.
- Act as the key escalation point for the team; with the ability to assist in understanding the root of the issue quickly, providing team member’s guidance towards owning and resolution.
- Work with application development teams to troubleshoot application performance issues across trading applications.
- Experience managing high performing teams facilitating teamwork, coaching, constructive feedback and evaluate developmental and training needs.
Strong technical abilities including:
- System performance analysis, tuning, and troubleshooting experience including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
- Hardware platform experience across HP, Dell, IBM and Oracle.
- Strong understanding of Linux kernel tuning and operating system semantics. Real-time kernel experience a plus.
- High Availability, clustering, failover, and load balancing experience.
- Strong scripting abilities using Perl, Python, and/or bash/ksh.
- Virtualization experience including VMware vSphere or ESX server and/or SAN experience a plus.
- Knowledge of LVM, ext3, filesystem tuning, OpenSSH, LDAP, Kerberos, and related services.
Proven track record from either similar organization such as Investment Banks or Hedge Funds.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment.
- Demonstrates critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the job.
- Shows strong independent judgment, discretion, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Has solid awareness and understanding of technologies that can or will impact the job function. Keeps current on latest technologies and technology trends. Keeps current on technical, industry and business trends.