As part of our mission to make trading better, we are in a dynamic, fast-moving environment and we need our highly skilled Networks Engineers to ensure the stability and scalability of our environment. We take pride in coming up with solutions that are highly stable, secured, and scalable to suit the needs of our diverse client, broker, & partner needs.
Our platform may have existed for 15+ years, but we are embarking on an exciting journey as an independent, technology startup. We have innovative ideas and a wealth of exciting opportunities in front of us, and need people who are up for the challenge and believe in the vision.
We are looking for a Network Engineer who can join our growing team & provide immediate impact with the design & support of our network infrastructure. Your goal will be to deploy network provisioning & configuration management solutions, design efficient network solutions based on both internal and external client needs, and help to shape the architecture of our network infrastructure. Given our startup mentality and own tech ambitions, it is the goal of the entire infrastructure group to develop highly scalable networks for scaling VMs, and external client connectivity alike with minimal manual churn.
· Help to define REDI”s entire set of network processes from client onboarding, circuit management, application support to, network performance monitoring & tuning.
· Contribute to the improvement of the client on-boarding process.
· Interface daily with members of the Technology Infrastructure team.
· Work closely with the development & client facing teams to develop complete infra solutions.
· Develop network device configurations and standards based on industry best practices.
· Owning resolution of significant system outages, acting as contact person with external users, connectivity vendors, and external partners when needed.
· Identify improvements that will contribute to increased availability, stability, and performance in our environment
· Identify and implement tools to facilitate the continuous management of our production environment
· Work with partner managed service providers to build scalable, reliable, and robust networks
· Be involved in a follow the sun support model with regional teams as well as rotational on-call escalation
· 6+ years of experience in a role that involved managing & designing network infrastructures in an mission-critical client services environment
· CCNP,CCDP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP or equivalent expertise required
· Detailed knowledge of JUNOS & Cisco IOS based systems
· Hands on experience with Juniper SRX firewalls, EX series switches, and MX series routers.
· Hands on experience with BIG IP F5 LTMs & GTMs.
· Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols; specifically BGP & OSPF.
· Experience with the configuration & support of complex networks leveraging multiple VRFs & VCs.
· Experience with network configuration management concepts & tools – RANCID, HP Network Automation, Ansible, Chef, etc.
· Detailed knowledge of advanced security concepts and best practices related to external client connectivity
· Experience troubleshooting layer 1 – 4 network problems with internal and external clients.
· Substantial experience network troubleshooting techniques such as analysis of packet captures, tracing, performance tuning, analysis of firewall session details, and monitoring
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively on complex customer issues within tight time constraints
· Exceptional organization, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
· Candidates should also have significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: STP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP/VRRP, PIM, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, VPNS (IPSec & SSL), netflow / jflow, MPLS, ACLS, and security policies.
· Experience with variants of the following Cisco Products a plus: Catalyst 3750/3850s, ISR G2 2900/3900s, and ASA 5500s
· Experience with Netscalers, Fibre Channel, Avaya VoIP, and DNS a plus.
· Desire to investigate, test, and deploy network tools to enhance our ability to provision network devices and proactively support our network.
· Desire to be exposed to concepts relevant to the financial industry
· Ability to get involved in the technical investigation of issues and proactively assume leadership
· Strong ability to own side projects including building or improving in-house tools
· Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
· Understanding of the UNIX/LINUX operating environments with the ability to navigate, manipulate, and understand the file structure.
· Scripting experience a plus.