Purpose of the role:
The Platform Engineering team will build tools that support a wide range of business users running very large compute workloads on a wide range of systems. The applications will run in both public and private clouds and at considerable scales. The technical challenges here to support the scale and diversity of workloads will be considerable. In addition, this will be a highly business facing role, interacting daily with development teams all around the world. PE will be the touch point between the infrastructure groups and the developer community.
Key job responsibilities include:
As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will build the tools used by developer’s every day. These tools are responsible for the productivity, security and resiliency of the application platforms at our firm. You will help develop and shape tools as it relates to monitoring systems, alerting systems, automation of deployments, developer tools, software packaging and test automation.
- Strong experience with automation tools
- Establish and maintain communications with internal technology users
- Developer background, with experience in either C++, python, R, JS, or Java
- Experience building and deploying monitoring systems, CI/CD systems
- Experience using AWS, GCP, Openstack or other could platform a plus
- Experience with Docker a plus
- Opinions and knowledge on which opensource technology to use and why is a plus
- Experience building services consumed by other teams
- Bachelor of Science (Master Degree preferred) in engineering, computer science, or mathematics.
|Job Category||Full Time|