SecDB – DevOps Engineer – General Pipeline
Core Engineering – SecDB – DevOps Engineer – General Pipeline
Location: US-NY-New York
WHAT WE DO
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The SecDBA team is a part of the Goldman Sachs Engineering organization, which provides the operational platform for the widely known SecDb platform. We help ensure the system’s continued uninterrupted operations, providing the precision engineered solutions needed to support a massive, critical global platform that underpins a signification portion of the firm’s business.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
We look for creativity and innovation backed by solid engineering practices. We approach solutions as a longer term goal, with a focus on doing the right thing the first time. Data driven approaches, problem solving skills, teamwork and inclusivity are all essential in a successful candidate for this team.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop, support, and grow a business critical, global platform.
• Be part of a transatlantic DevOps team of highly experienced engineers.
• Assist in the 24×7 operation and development of the platform, with a focus on automation at a massive scale.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
• Degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience
• Programming expertise in the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting (knowledge of other languages is a strong plus, but not required)
• Experience with storage and networking stacks
• Ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
• Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
• Experience with managing performance, availability and scale for mid to large sized systems. Experienced with software development on Linux