Senior Data Modeler – Trade and Transactions
Senior Data Modeler – Trade and Transactions-190012081
UTM (Unified Trade and Transaction Model) is the logical representation of data required to support JP Morgan’s Trade and Transaction Event Management business capability. The primary intent is to standardize the data representation of trades and transactions across the firm, focusing on all Corporate and Investment Bank asset classes. The adoption of canonical models is foundational to a number of strategic transformation programs within the bank. UTM is to be used to develop interface definitions across applications.
- UTM team is looking to grow over the next few months.
- Working alongside our business analysts, line of business teams, and producer/consumer communities, define across the range of Corporate and Investment Bank products:
- The entities and attributes necessary to provide a business definition of each product
- How a trade will be represented at each stage in its lifecycle
- Ensure that the same concept is modelled in the same way across the Corporate and Investment Bank and prevent unnecessary divergence
- Ensure the model is grounded in the reality of business products and how they are processed
- Translate requirements into logical data models working closely with Subject Matter Experts and Applications Development representatives
- Define the modelling solution and capture the model in modelling tool
- Ensure consistency and governance across model estate including alignment with all other domain models and taxonomies
- Review data samples to understand the data in question
- Produce clean and concise documentation for existing model and sample messages throughout
- Integrate with solutions for Data Lineage, Security, etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Good to have background in business data modelling preferably in Trade Management in investment banking
- Knowledge of trade lifecycle across Derivatives, Securities and FX products
- Expertise in modelling various methodologies: Class Models & Entity Relationship Models (3NF and Dimensional)
- Familiarity with data serialization frameworks (Protocol Buffers, Avro, XML)
- Familiarity with various industry formats – FpML, FIX, SWIFT, ISO, and COTS data models (IBM, Golden Source, Teradata, etc)
- Detailed analytical approach; logical, precise thinker
Comfortable with various features of modelling tools: MagicDraw, ERwin, PowerDesigner