Senior Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team to help continue to evolve our infrastructure offerings with new technology and innovative solutions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with DevOps best practices as well as creating and updating tools to automate and integrate existing workflows. This position will be part of the Linux Core Services team and strike a perfect balance of operations and engineering work ensuring that we build stable and resilient systems and give our customers an enterprise grade service.
- Design and implement massively scalable, high-performance, cutting-edge platform
- Leadership in developing and implementing plan for end to end automation in building and maintaining advanced infrastructure
- Establish and drive the adoption of development standards around source control, testing, and continuous integration with regards to usage within infrastructure as code
- Develop processes and standards to automate the testing and delivery of resilient and secure infrastructure in a timely and repeatable fashion using configuration management driven principles
- Use tools like Ansible, Chef and other configuration management tools to provide a reproducible and controlled environment
- Deliver conceptual, logical, and physical solution specifications. Translate business requirements to determine appropriate system solutions.
- Execute technical projects – gather requirements, write project plans, seek approval, and then drive progress, including hands-on participation in the projects, toward successful implementation.
- Work closely with other subject matter experts, including other Unix, Windows, Solutions Architecture, BCP, Storage, Backup, Network, Datacenter and Database specialists.
- Work on implementing new tools such as Docker and Kubernetes to containerize our own internal applications as well as provide a platform for our customers.
- Produce documentation on installed systems and their configurations. Perform knowledge transfer to level one and level two support team personnel.
- Administration of an existing Linux infrastructure servers used by internal teams and customers
- Monitoring internal applications and metrics
- Actively participate in significant outage incidents, ensuring that root-cause analysis is identified and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement.
- Participate in performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and capacity planning for the enterprise computing environment.
- Share weekend on-call rotation duties.
- At least 7 years as a full time IT professional in a devops, engineering and/or production support role
- Candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math or Engineering).
- The candidate should have in depth knowledge of Linux systems administration, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems.
- Experience with configuration management driven administration using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible.
- Experience working with containers and container services .
- Solid programming and scripting skills. Comfort and experience with BASH, Python, Ruby.
- Proven deployment and implementation of a CI/CD system using Jenkins/GitHub or other similar tools
- Experience exposing APIs (monitoring, control etc.) to Infrastructure and other users
- Proven experience researching, building, testing and deploying automation solution to production
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting and performance tuning hardware and operating systems.
- In depth knowledge of Unix operating systems, especially RHEL/CentOS ( MS Windows a plus )
- Experience with NIS, DNS, proxy, market data distribution (Tibco) technologies, a plus
- Experience with ELK platforms and data aggregation/monitoring
- Quick learner, Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills.
|Job Category||Full Time|