Senior Network Engineer
OWe are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer to join our global infrastructure team. This position will be responsible for the design, planning, and management of network equipment, as well as the day-to-day operations of our global network.
- Manage Global Network Infrastructure, providing proactive maintenance for network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and availability
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet the organization's needs, as well as managing the rolling out of new equipment and systems, and ensuring that corrective and preventative measures are performed on existing equipment and systems
- Perform large scale network planning; plans, designs and implements infrastructure projects, technical processes and procedures as they relate to network engineering
- Expand automation and provisioning tools using infrastructure as code mentality
- Provide actionable information to optimize the performance of the trading infrastructure Create/Update procedures and documentation
- Provide connectivity to support low latency market data delivery and order execution
- 5+ years of networking experience in Cisco based environment
- 3+ years fin-tech experience in a trading firm, brokerage, hedge fund or stock exchange.
Advanced Level of Networking Skills; extensive knowledge of routing and switching, BGP, OSPF, PIM and Multicast.
- Strong knowledge of network diagnostic methods, tools such as Solarwind, PRTG, Nagios, Grafana and custom script monitoring.
- Experience with Layer1 switching and Layer1 data passing / brokering technologies.
- Design experience with low latency network technologies, both in high and low capacity scenarios.
- Experience in time synchronization technologies and distribution techniques.
- Exposure to DWDM systems, with an understanding of how the various components interact with LAN and WAN hardware
- Experience automating routine tasks utilizing a programming language (Python preferred); and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible/Saltstack/Puppet)
- High level of security and risk exposure assessments and mitigation
- Experience with VPNs including IPSEC, GRE, Fortinet and Cisco ASA
- Experience with cloud service providers (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- CCNP certification required