Senior Network Engineer – Aligned Infrastructure
Comp: Up to 350k
This position requires the best and brightest to solve complex problems of scaling (network centric) infrastructure for a global quantitative fund. The successful candidate will be accountable for the thorough technical analysis, design and implementation of network infrastructure solutions to meet the technical and business requirements. The role will require an individual with a great deal of curiosity, ability to challenge standard methodologies, think on their feet and solve tough problems – technical or otherwise like a true engineer.
- Design and implement massively scalable, highly-performance network infrastructure for a compute grid
- Build and maintain network fabrics through relentless automation – (eg. Ansible)
- Identify and pilot emerging networking technology to enhance the business’ competitive advantages (eg. PFC, QoS, RoCE)
- Exercise thought leadership and innovation in the resolution of current technical/infrastructural challenges, as well as in the creation of long-term technical roadmaps.
- Define, challenge and support Network Infrastructure standards and decisions
- Collaborate with other technology groups to provide technical, operational and innovative expertise.
- Serve as support for production issues. Feed such problems back into platform design
- A passion for technology and automation, deep sense of curiosity and willingness to always question
- Be an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of focused experience in a networking roles particularly concentrating on LAN and core technologies
- Proven experience researching, building, testing and deploying large-scale network solutions to production
- Solid programming and scripting skills. Comfort and experience with BASH, Python, Java and C/C++ is big plus.
- Thorough knowledge up and down the OSI stack. Deep knowledge of *nix systems a plus
- A passion for in-depth understanding of technology, and building large-scale systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
|Job Category||Full Time|