The Global IT Service Desk provides a Global operating model to support DTCC’s business critical systems and perform value-added technology Services based on a Services oriented framework.
The Global IT Service Desk performs Monitoring & Alerting services that ensure the operational continuity of DTCC’s systems environments by providing globally staffed Operations Centers, with 24×7 coverage, for the immediate identification, triage and response to Business Critical application errors, systems components failures and problems involving the corporate and customer interfacing Networks.
Services include a Call Center that provides a single point of contact for Enterprise Infrastructure staffs and stakeholders for coordination of incident resolution actions and IT Service Requests.
The Global IT Service Desk staffs capture, track and fulfill Level 1&2 technical services requests with high-quality Service Delivery. Ancillary Services performed by the Global IT Service Desk include coordination and support of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity & Planning exercises and critical IT infrastructure emergency events.
Principal Responsibilities & Job Scope
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process
- Develop and maintain the Incident Management System including:
· Identifying all incidents
· Matching incidents against incidents with workarounds in place
· Resolving incidents as quickly as possible
· Prioritizing incidents in terms of impact and urgency
· Escalating incidents to other teams as necessary to ensure timely resolution
- Monitor the performance of incident management processes and seek to continuously improve the process
- Facilitate post mortem meetings and ensure that action items regarding Incident Management are effectively carried out
- Ensure that incident details are accurately recorded in incident tracking system
- Participate in regularly scheduled Disaster Recovery testing
- Attend infrastructure and application turnover sessions to maintain an end to end understanding for incident resolution
- Facilitate management teleconference bridges to determine business impact and decisions regarding next steps and provide regular incident notifications to impacted lines of business and IT Mgmt.
- Update incident records with appropriate data including business impact, application affected and relevant details regarding incident resolution.
Services Delivery Practices Support: Ensure IT Service Desk staffs are trained in new Services integrated into the day-to-day practices of the Service Desk. Key Service Practice Areas include:
- Call Center Management & Hotline Coverage (Verify Service Desk Call interaction response metric and Customer Satisfaction of IT Service Desk capabilities)
- Systems Monitoring & Alerting Services (Ensure optimal tool configuration and analyst effective use of tools)
- System Event Triage (Effective cross-team engagement and Incident response)
- Level 1 & 2 Administrative Task (Transition, Execution and Effectiveness)
- Knowledge Management (Development, Quality and Reuse Metrics)
New Service Development & Practice Improvements: Assist the Service Delivery, Service Assurance and Process Excellence functions in development and release of new IT Service Desk Services.
Service Delivery Performance & Effectiveness: Analyze Service Delivery practices and report IT Service Desk risks, practice gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Mainframe or Distributed Systems Level 1 & 2 support practices involving the following environments: MVS/JES2, Z/OS, SYSPLEX, WINDOWS NT, OpenVMS, UNIX, MIMGR, SILO and VTAM.
- Working Knowledge of Distributed or Mainframe Systems Configuration and interfaces between Systems.
- Experience initiating Continuous Improvement Projects (such as Six Sigma)
- Creation and management of Operational Level Agreements and SLA compliance actions.
- Expert level users skills with ITSM, Monitoring & Alerting Tools
- 6 – 7 years of experience supporting Data processing and Service Delivery practices with supervisory and staff training experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills
- Communications Skills (Interact with IT Support and Internal Management & Stakeholders at every level.)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong Team-building skills with ability to train & coach staff in technical processes and practices.
- IT Service Delivery processes and governance practices (ITIL, Cobit, Six Sigma)
- Documentation Skills with a focus on Service Delivery practices definitions and support procedures.
- Knowledge of DTCC’s core processing applications and underlying infrastructures.
- Expert knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and ITSM Tools.
- Knowledge of Monitoring Systems Configurations: (HP Openview, Netcool, Vcops)
Required Education, Training &/or Certification
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Communications/Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience Certification in ITIL Foundation, Six Sigma or similar process discipline