The Production Service Assurance area’s Service Management team is responsible for the Product Management of DTCC’s Service Management tool set that underpins various ITIL process workflow, automation, integration, and data needs.
The Service Management Analyst will focus on building a metrics/measurement discipline around the data contained in and around DTCC’s Service Management systems to gain insight into Operation IT performance and target the improvements that matter most. This will require working with organizational stakeholders to develop metrics requirements, drive their technical implementation from data capture to automated delivery, manage key reporting schedules, and provide the overarching analysis to elicit key business insights.
- Builds and maintains quality metrics used for process improvement benchmarking.
- Builds and defines multiple data reporting views to ensure completeness and quality of reporting.
- Contributes to the analysis of data reporting trends identifying areas of strengths and opportunities
- Participates in regular cross-functional and cross-asset review meetings.
- Identifies and suggests continuous improvements to ITIL processes as a result of data findings.
- Works with internal stakeholders to discuss and improve data reporting.
- Manages customer expectations.
- Conducts troubleshooting with management and IT as problems in data management systems arise to promote consistency of reporting.
- Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces.
- Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of milestones/accomplishments by:
- Developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
- Recording work status information and generating status reports;
- Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
- Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
- Ensures data quality checks of all output artifacts and performs root cause identification and correction of anomalous conditions.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issue resolution.
- Ensures quality testing, baselining, and communication of new measures prior to roll out.
- Drives coordination and implementation of changes to improve performance.
- Participates in review of functional specification, technical analysis, and test planning activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT, with 5 or more years experience with ITIL processes and a metrics/measurement discipline.
- Experience with data reporting projects (Regulatory, internal and external reporting).
- Excellent Data Analysis skills with ability to review a data set and point out issues/points of improvement.
- Proficient skills with BI/reporting software (MS Business Intelligence Center Reporting, Performance Point, SSRS, Cognos, MS Access, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, specifically Continuous Improvement, and ITSM systems (preferably ServiceNow or equivalent).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to forge strategic relationships with internal customers to ensure firm reporting objectives are satisfactorily met.
- Work closely with IT and business partners to maximize data extraction opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment.
- Proficient in data manipulation and extraction techniques and able to interpret results of query analysis.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- ITIL Foundation Certification a plus
Education, Training or Certification
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required