The IT Service Desk performs Monitoring & Alerting services that ensure the operational continuity of DTCC’s systems environments by providing globally staffed Operations Centers, with 24×7 coverage, for the immediate identification, triage and response to Business Critical application errors, systems components failures and problems involving the corporate and customer interfacing Networks.
Services include a Call Center that provides a single point of contact for Enterprise Infrastructure staffs and stakeholders for coordination of incident resolution actions and IT Service Requests. Call Center “Service Interactions” will be captured and tracked to completion in order to identify service trends and improvement opportunities.
An extension of the Call Center Service is the IT Service Desk “Request Interface Service.” IT Service Desk staffs will capture, track and fulfill Level 1&2 technical services requests that have been transition to the IT Service Desk for improved delivery of highly repeatable administration and support actions previously perform by EI Engineering.
Ancillary Services performed by the IT Service Desk include coordination and support of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity & Planning exercises and critical IT infrastructure emergency events.
Principal Responsibilities & Job Scope
Manage Service Desk Staff:
- Manage staff logistics across the various sites to ensure support coverage is available for all critical support Services.
- Responsible for the professional development of Service Desk staff including, designing, implementing, scheduling and tracking individualized training programs.
- Coach staff in their goal setting process and conduct employee evaluations / performance appraisals.
- Service Operations Readiness:
- Ensure new systems releases or major upgrades have followed turn-over procedures and comply with technology specific supportability standards.
- Ensure staff are trained and have demonstrated competency for all new and updated processes, procedures and tools prior to release for production support.
- Service Operations Execution:
- Coordinates automated processes (i.e., ITO, EMS) with groups responsible for applications, systems and other technical support.
- Participates in the planning of hardware procurement and installations and coordinate weekend change activities, acting as liaison between internal support groups and vendor.
- Interfaces and consults with other managers within IT function to coordinate activities.
- Contributes to budget management process and focus on maintaining annual budgeted targets.
- Assists Service Delivery Director in reviewing equipment maintenance contracts, asset tracking, and insurance requirements.
- Researches production problems and coordinates remediation plans for Security, Risk and Audit actions.
- Directs escalation to Business Operations and EI Leadership for business impacting Incidents.
- Ensure effective execution of ITSM processes: (Call, Incident, Problem and Change Management.)
- Services Availability & Recoverability:
- Reviews and updates disaster recovery and business continuance plans. Implements same when necessary.
- Coordinate testing of distributed systems fail-over and recovery scripts and scenarios.
- Schedules, manages and reviews system component recovery testing.
- Coordinates and reviews scripts for business application recovery testing.
- Communications Skills (Interact with IT Support and Internal Management & Stakeholders at every level.)
- Detailed technical knowledge of a mainframe hardware and system software environment.
- Working Knowledge of Distributed or Mainframe Systems Configuration and interfaces between Systems.
- Lead Level hands-on operational support experience of distributed systems hardware and software Eg:(IBM, Dell, Sun, HP) (H/P Openview, VMWare, Unix , Linux)
- Expert level users skills with ITSM, Monitoring & Alerting Tools
- Project management experience
- 8 -10 years of experience in all aspects of computer operations
Required Knowledge, Skills
- Systems engineering or Level 3 Systems Support background with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Team-building skills with ability to train & coach staff in technical processes and practices.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
Required Education, Training &/or Certification
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Prefer certifications in ITIL Foundations or current Technology.