Service Operations Manager
Operational Technology Support Team Lead – Strong People Leadership Skills
• Manage Service Desk Staff:
– Manage staff logistics across the various sites to ensure support coverage is available for all critical support Services.
– Responsible for the professional development of Service Desk staff including, designing, implementing, scheduling and tracking individualized training programs.
– Coach staff in their goal setting process and conduct employee evaluations / performance appraisals.
• Service Operations Readiness:
– Ensure new systems releases or major upgrades have followed turn-over procedures and comply with technology specific supportability standards.
– Ensure staff are trained and have demonstrated competency for all new and updated processes, procedures and tools prior to release for production support.
• Service Operations Execution:
– Coordinates automated processes (i.e., ITO, EMS) with groups responsible for applications, systems and other technical support.
– Participates in the planning of hardware procurement and installations and coordinate weekend change activities, acting as liaison between internal support groups and vendor.
– Interfaces and consults with other managers within IT function to coordinate activities.
– Contributes to budget management process and focus on maintaining annual budgeted targets.
– Assists Service Delivery Director in reviewing equipment maintenance contracts, asset tracking, and insurance requirements.
– Researches production problems and coordinates remediation plans for Security, Risk and Audit actions.
– Directs escalation to Business Operations and EI Leadership for business impacting Incidents.
– Ensure effective execution of ITSM processes: (Call, Incident, Problem and Change Management.)
• Services Availability & Recoverability:
– Reviews and updates disaster recovery and business continuance plans. Implements same when necessary.
– Coordinate testing of distributed systems fail-over and recovery scripts and scenarios.
– Schedules, manages and reviews system component recovery testing.
– Coordinates and reviews scripts for business application recovery testing.