Major Investment firm is looking for a Sr. Security Engineer to join their Information Security team.
Location: Philadelphia area.
Role: Sr. Security Engineer
Comp: Up to 300k to 400k
Our work environment is one that will celebrate your ingenuity and creativity, leveraging your technical knowledge and helping to continue its expansion. We want to hear your ideas and will give you the opportunity to research and vet out solutions to secure and protect our environment. In addition, this role will give you the chance to see and understand the relationship between the solutions you are building, the technologies they interact with and the business that is leveraging them. You will have the opportunity to work with forward thinking individuals, not only within information security, but across our technical and business teams to help drive the continuous progression of our security infrastructure. You will gain exposure to projects including upgrades, new implementations and automation of processes and development of solutions to maximize our existing security framework. Evaluation and research of new vendor products will give you the exposure and resources you need to customize these tools to suit the needs of the business. You will help protect FIRM’s network boundaries, harden systems, protect sensitive data, fight malware, and implement authentication and authorization controls.
Opportunity to be creativity, to solve large and complex problems and join a team with a passion for developing secure solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Research, design, engineer and implement security controls such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPNs, anti-malware, web and email security gateways, and authentication and authorization controls
- Engineer and implement security management tools to manage security controls at a large scale
Consult and collaborate with technology and business teams across firm to design and implement security controls for technology and business projects
- Plan, manage, and deliver large and complex security projects working across technology teams
- Troubleshoot and manage complex problems with existing security technologies
- Provide training and mentoring to junior team members
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline required; experience can substitute for education
- 5+ years of network, security or systems engineering, architecture or administration experience required
- 3+ years of security engineering, architecture or administration experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering large technology projects required
- Experience with at least one of the following required: firewalls and VPNs, email and web security, intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability and risk assessment, malware protection, and/or identity and access management
- Deep technical understanding of information security concepts, and common attacks and mitigation techniques required
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, and switching fundamentals and ability to do basic network administration and/or troubleshooting required
- Strong grasp of operating systems fundamentals and ability to do basic Windows and/or Linux administration and/or troubleshooting required
- Python, Perl, or similar scripting experience required; web development or database administration experience a plus
|Job Category||Full Time|