Trading System Developer
AQR Capital Management Two Greenwich Plaza Greenwich, CT 06830 p: +1.203.742.3600 f: +1.203.742.3100 w: aqr.com
Information Technology – Trading Systems Developer
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented developer to join our trading systems team and work to build a world-class trading platform. Candidates will be expected to work closely with our trading, portfolio management, and algorithmic execution systems teams to understand the business, build and support systems to enable us to run an effective and robust trading operation across equities, fixed income, futures, currencies, any many other major asset classes. They will be joining a hard-working, smart, and friendly team, so it is imperative that they demonstrate those qualities themselves.
We believe that having people who care about their work and have the ability to develop a rapport with our business users and the rest of the team helps all of us produce great software and enjoy ourselves in the process. The people who thrive at AQR are original thinkers who crave practical results. They possess knowledge, but they don’t rest on their laurels – they always seek to improve. We have abundant energy for discovery and relish finding new avenues to explore.
• Develop, maintain, and support the firm’s trading system
• Integrate third party solutions with in-house system
• Coordinate with vendors and counterparties as necessary
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
• 2 to 5 years of software development experience
• Strong knowledge of object oriented programming and programming principles
• Strong C# skills
• Strong SQL skills; experience with MS SQL Server, Transact-SQL
• Knowledge of WPF or ASP.Net is a plus
• Knowledge of Java is a plus
• Knowledge of order and execution management systems (OMS and EMS), and of FIX protocol a plus
• Understanding of trading and investment management is a plus
• Understanding of financial instruments in various asset classes is a plus
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the nexus of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.