Role: UI/Web Developer
Comp: Up to 200k
Firm is a global institutional investment firm that pursues an event-draiven, multi-strategy investment approach. We have offices in New York, London and Hong Kong with over 100 employees. We are privately held and our partnership owns, governs and leads the firm.
We are seeking to hire a UI/Web developer for our development team. The position will be located in our headquarters in midtown Manhattan. This position will help shape our UI architecture as well as build user-facing apps and features.
Full SDLC experience including:
- Interaction with business users, understanding business requirements and workflows, designing highly usable applications to solve these needs
- UI design including documentation (e.g. wireframes, flowcharts, sequence diagrams, etc.) Implementation of high-quality code; focus on maintainability and testability
- Design and build unit and acceptance tests
- Working with CI/CD framework
- Troubleshoot and support user issues
- Staying plugged in to emerging technologies/trends and applying them wisely
Software development experience with Web technologies:
- Expert knowledge of Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with building scalable, enterprise-level Web applications including handling large amounts of data, grid displays, data reporting, data aggregation, security, etc.
- Experience with JS libraries/frameworks such as JQuery, React, Angular, Ember, etc.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, integration of back-end services, partial page updates, AJAX, etc.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of software engineering concepts such as complexity, data structures, etc.
- Experience with software design principles and patterns
- Good knowledge and experience with OO design and development
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Maximum of 9 years software development experience
- BSc in software engineering or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong emphasis on the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to prioritize and adapt
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in his or her prior endeavors, an entrepreneurial, self-driven nature, a low ego, team-oriented style, unimpeachable integrity and values that align with our principles
|Job Category||Full Time|