- 5-10 years of experience as with VMware, Hyper Converged, hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Minimum 10 years Server, storage, database, network & security fundamental knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in micro segmentation & micros service applications environments
- Minimum 2 years’ experience implementing global security related projects
- Requires expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server software, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix Presentation Server, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory, Redhat Linux, SharePoint, IIS and/or other industry standard server platform services
- Knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls and network protocols and services, including WAN/MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Strong communication and technical skills, prior experience of working on a highly process driven environment/implementing it
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware and orchestration layer (Director, Manager etc..)
- Python and Bash scripting
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize.
- Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning and using next generation tools to provide workload balancing/placement (Vrops+pDRS+others).
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows in Vmware products
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine “backups” and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Providing support for server hardware failures and assist remotely with hardware replacement.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of projects.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Evaluating requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions which meet or exceed technology implementation standard and excellence.
Job Type: Full-time / Contract
- experience in micro segmentation & micros service applications: 2 years (Required)
- NSX Design, Deploy, Install, Configure, Manage & operations: 3 years (Required)
- Senior VMware, Hyper Converged, hybrid cloud infrastructure: 10 years (Required)
- Server, storage, database, network & security fundamental knowledge: 5 years (Required)
- Experience implementing global security related projects: 2 years (Required)
|Job Category||Full Time|