PDT’s end-user and enterprise technology runs on Windows infrastructure managed by a small group of talented engineers. We’re looking to add an extraordinary Senior Windows Engineer to make our team complete. Our dream candidate would have not only impressive knowledge of Windows (Active Directory, Exchange, configuration management, virtualization, debugging, etc.), but would also be a strong enough generalist in collaboration platforms, storage, and networking to be able to architect, build, and run a world-class platform. Coding and automation abilities beyond simple scripting are required.
Our Enterprise Engineering team has a very broad set of responsibilities. You will investigate and recommend new technologies, partner with business leaders from across the company, build and manage the Windows plant, and be a leader in training and guiding core end-users and other technologists. While there’s a Systems Admin team to handle most front-line support requests, we think it’s important for Engineers at PDT to own the entire lifecycle of their tech; we’re small and nimble enough that you can get your hands dirty while still being transformative.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-three-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Design, build, and support systems, applications, and infrastructure that enable our business to be more efficient.
- Tune and optimize our environment, propose and implement new tools and methods, and build automation between systems.
- Identify problems before they happen and handle incidents and escalations.
- Mentor, coach, and collaborate with the team and the company.
- 7+ years of highly relevant experience.
- A passion for Windows paired with self-initiative, optimism, and an eagerness for driving change against inertia.
- Enthusiasm for fulfilling and exceeding the expectations of colleagues, with the goal of making their Windows-reliant work as seamless and productive as possible.
- Expertise in Active Directory, PowerShell, SCCM, and SCOM.
- Knowledge of .NET, Python, and virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware) is necessary.
- Familiarity with VDI, Azure, OS X, and Linux is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field from an excellent academic program.