The role requires deep subject matter expertise with Microsoft’s Windows Server platforms (Azure, 2016, 2012R2, 2008) and related technology including extensive experience deploying and supporting Active Directory, DFS, PKI, and the core operating system. The candidate will provide technical guidance to other Windows Engineers and drive strategic projects and initiatives. The role requires the candidate to be highly proficient in PowerShell with hands-on automation experience.
- The primary responsibility is Active Directory and MS Windows Server Systems Administration, including L2 and L3 server support plus engineering and automation.
- Automation: Develop new, and enhance existing Powershell code and Chef roles/recipes.
- Day-to-day, run-the-firm maintenance of the Firm’s entire server estate, (approximately 1,500 servers)
- Install and configure MS Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016 onto physical and virtual systems using the Firm’s automated build procedure (Symantec Altiris & MDT)
- Document procedures. Write Run-books, FAQs, How-To’s.
- Identify, Evaluate and install firmware, OS and application patches using Symantec Altiris, and WSUS.
- Troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of hardware, firmware, software and configuration issues.
- Configure and manage Distributed File System (DFS)
- Share weekend on-call rotation duties.
- Improve the Firm’s automated build procedure.
- Assist in onboarding new Portfolio Management teams by gathering requirements, then designing and implementing solutions that meet business needs.
- Provide direction, guidance to datacenter teams performing installs and repairs.
- Work with Networking, database, Virtualization, teams as necessary.
- Interface with Business and IT teams (e.g. Portfolio Managers, and Developers) through email and telephone.
- Develop and engineer solutions that improve business challenges in the company’s x86 platforms.
- Continually evaluate infrastructure effectiveness, develop technical direction, and upgrade initiatives.
- Develop tactical (short-term) and strategic (long-term) technical solutions that will address business and IT requirements.
- Work as part of a project team to design, develop, and build new system solutions.
- Implement proof-of-concepts for new system designs and participate in and document system design reviews.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure the solutions developed meet these requirements.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability and quality.
- Deploy and manage a multi-tenant hosted configuration (AD/File, Systems, Messaging, Security)
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) user and computer accounts
- Configure user and computer environments by using Group Policy
- Implement security by using Group Policy
- Configure and analyze server security and security update compliance
- Configure and manage storage technologies included with Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2
- Configure Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Participate in the selection, design, and implementation of new computer equipment, including servers, data storage systems, and backup systems, as well as the systems software that runs on those servers
- Design, write, test, implement, and maintain scripts as needed
- Research, assess and evaluate new and emerging technologies to determine suitability for the client’s current and future enterprise computing needs
- Develop and document best practices and operating procedures.
- Participate in the planning, designing and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide second tier support to L0/L1 support teams.
- Testing and certification of infrastructure stacks within the Windows Server Platforms including high end peripherals, clustering, high availability, and Storage interoperability
- Additional hours including weekend work will be required at times.
- Participate in performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and capacity planning for the enterprise computing environment.
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Required
- 8+ years’ experience in information technology as a Systems Administrator/Engineer
- 4+ years’ experience managing a large Active Directory environment of 1,000+ users. Experience should include deploying and upgrading Active Directory environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent)
- Hands on experience using the Azure administration portal
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft DSC or other configuration management technologies (e.g. Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Experience implementing GPOs (Group Policy in Active Directory Services)
- Familiarity with Hewlett Packard (HP) Proliant server products (DL and BL lines)
- Understanding of industry operational and engineering best practices
- Candidate should possess the skills to analyze requirements and design solutions that perform optimally, achieve redundancy, and minimize end-user impact in the case of failures using tools available on the Microsoft Windows platform. E.g. Clustering, DFS, etc.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, be a self-starter and excel when working in a team environment.
- Candidate should have strong documentation and communication skills.
- Candidate should possess outstanding organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Candidate should be able to work well in a team environment providing leadership in areas of expertise.
- Candidate should also be able to manage multiple systems environments such as development, testing, and production environments.
|Job Category||Full Time|