Management Consulting Firm #020
· Develops and maintains a business recovery plan and procedure; reviews, revises, and expands existing plans and protocols and ensures plan meets all regulatory requirements and our commitments to our clients.
· Conducts risk assessments for various departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unpredictable business interruptions such as natural disasters, security breaches, legal claims, and market disruptions.
· Lead Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and related Playbook recovery strategies
· Partner with infrastructure, application and business teams to develop and maintain recovery procedure runbooks for business applications.
· Develop recovery priorities, timelines, and strategy for proper sequence of recovery components. Assist in defining and measuring Recovery Time and Point Objectives and their resource requirements.
· Collaborates with IT staff to develop and implement best practices to protect and restore data and systems in the event of natural and man-made disasters.
· Design, coordinate and execute BCP/DR test exercises for critical business processes and produce test reports including lessons learned.
· Document any gaps found during testing exercises then track and ensure gap remediation.
· Educate and train IT and business members in practices of technology risk disaster recovery planning.
· Build cross-functional relationships to get buy-in and support
· Thorough understanding of risk management.
· Excellent strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
· Familiarity with fundamental IT concepts, infrastructure, cloud & data center technologies is required.
· Ability to think through hypothetical situations and concepts and to identify risks and weaknesses in various business processes.
· Ability to collaborate with others to develop an emergency plan.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar field.
· Minimum of three years of IT Business Continuity Planning experience.
· Financial services experience preferred.