Hedge Fund #002
The application development teams within Corporate Technology are building and migrating critical applications on the cloud (currently AWS). As a result, we are looking for a hardworking Cloud DevOps engineer who will be working very closely with our application development and production support teams in Corporate Technology to craft and build these applications for scalability and reliability.
As a member of the Corporate Technology team, you will utilize your extensive cloud experience to help architect and come up with solutions for deploying custom built applications, as well as vendor applications on the cloud. You will also be working very closely with our Public Cloud Engineering and Enablement teams, which sits inside of Infrastructure organization. The Public Cloud
Engineering and Enablement teams provides the framework for application teams to build and deploy applications on the cloud. Your job will be to ensure Corporate Technology is using those frameworks effectively and provide feedback to the Public Cloud team on Corporate Technology’s requirements.
You will be involved in making key architectural decisions such as which AWS services we will be using and deployment and scaling methodologies. Your remit will also include educating application developers and production support engineers on how to best build and support applications on the cloud.
· Architect and develop automated deployment pipelines
o Must include application testing
o Proper controls to promote code from non-prod to prod
o Built-in application monitoring, alerting and metrics collection
o Highly available and resilient design
o Cost effective approach
· Collaborate closely with the Public Cloud team and our infrastructure partners
· Ensure consistent approach for cloud deployments are used across Corporate Technology
· Train application developers, QA engineers, and production support engineers on cloud technologies and standard methodologies
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in an enterprise environment
· Must have prior experience architecting, developing and supporting production cloud environments
· Must have extensive experience with cloud technologies (specifically AWS services)
o Cloud security and networking concepts
· Must be strong in CI/CD with experience using:
o AWS CodeBuild
· Experience with scripting and developing in Python
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly analytical with a passion to solve complex problems
· Must be able to multitask and work under pressure