· Diagnose and resolve first-line support issues within service level agreement, escalating those requiring second/third line support via the defined process and appropriate channel, ensuring full audit of support issues are clearly documented within the service desk tool.
· Manage communication for internal/external clients providing succinct, proactive updates and setting expectations through to resolution.
· Manage your own book of work and the distribution of work for team where required.
· Ensure issues/queries reported (via phone, e-mail, MS teams, Bloomberg or in person) are logged and tracked for audit purposes.
· Gain an understanding of the pre and post trade workflows along with the various customer workflows, to optimize issue resolution. This will include the publishing of market data, order entry and trade execution through to STP confirmation.
· Become the subject matter expert on trading platform functionalities, able to replicate production issues within UAT as well as being an integral part for new platform initiative testing.
· Perform existing daily health checks.
· Build relationships with 3rd party vendors (ICE, Markit, LCH, Broadway, ION, Refinitiv).
· Participate in projects; this will include hosting/presenting calls/meetings offering your specialist knowledge.
· Participate and contribute to team training and contact documentation (confluence) including reviewing existing/producing new documentation and videos for the benefit of the team.
· 3 years in a support environment (preferably broker, investment bank, exchange, clearing house or similar financial services) supporting a one or combination of FX (NDF, SWAP, FWD, FXO), Rates (IRO, UK Gilts, EGBs. Inflation Swaps, IRS).
· Supporting and troubleshooting FIX API connections/issues.
· Raw server log interrogation and navigation around directories in a Unix/Linux environment.
· End-to-end trade flow knowledge, including market data subscription and STP (T-Zero, Markitwire/MarkitServ, ICElink, RTNS/Refinitiv and ION) is highly desirable.
· Application deployment and/or network experience is highly desirable.
· Adapting to new proprietary technologies and financial products.
· Lateral thinking – many queries/issues are ambiguous or unique.
· A keen eye for attention to detail.
· Multi-tasking and prioritization.
· Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication – ability to understand a business user and translate to IT in technical detail.
· Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
· SQL knowledge desirable.
· Understanding of Network principles and protocols
· JIRA service desk desirable.
· Server administration desirable.
· Scripting would be beneficial