Investment Firm #009
Looking for an entry-level data engineer to build software that provides financial data to trading teams. The person in this role will be exposed to a wide variety of data, ranging from tick-by-tick data for high-frequency trading to large alternative data sets to event-based data. An ideal candidate will be able to put themselves into a traders’ or researchers’ shoes and design access patterns that empower their user.
This person will work closely with traders, researchers, and other engineers. Strong communication skills are a must.
· Building software to help front-office groups access data.
· Building software to ingest and import data.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or Applied Math from a top tier school.
· Or, bachelor’s degree in engineering or hard science AND 3+ years of data engineering experience in a buy-side financial firm.
· Strong communication skills.
· Excellent Python skills, including experience with Jupyter notebooks, pandas, and numpy.
· Abie to build microservices in a containerized environment.
· Distributed computations using Dask or Spark.