Hedge Fund #060
Desktop support will be responsible for providing assistance to all front and back office staff. This
individual will be responsible for supporting the various different business lines throughout the
firm. This is a hands-on role and this individual is expected to provide technical
expertise in order to resolve issues for the general population.
· Provide IT support to all users in the Americas
· Provide support through phone/email/service tickets to front and back office users on
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows operating systems, computer hardware
(and any other authorised peripheral equipment) and across a range of authorised software
· Perform general preventative maintenance
· Assist facility matters when needed including moves, adds, and changes
· Raise, update and close all support tickets regularly and promptly.
· Participate and implement in global projects
· Provide on site and remote support
· Communicate with team members regarding issues, procedures, and documentation
Person Specification: (E- Essential D-Desired)
· In depth knowledge of Windows desktop technologies.
· In depth knowledge of Desktop and laptop hardware.
· Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Internetworking Technology
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Knowledge of Server, Voice & Communications Infrastructure.
· Knowledge of various Operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Apple)
· Knowledge of Audio and Video Conferencing technologies.
· Knowledge of common Market Data applications and services.
· Relevant industry certifications may include Microsoft MCP, MCSA or individual Microsoft
specialist training such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook or ITSM products
· Proficient with Apple products (Mac, Ipad,Iphone)
· Associates Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5 years Desktop Support experience, preferably within a financial services
Special Job Requirements:
· Flexible hours
· Bank holidays
· Occasional afterhours and weekend work as needed.
· Customer Service – Strives for high levels of customer satisfaction. Going out of our way
to be helpful and pleasant to our customers.
· Efficiency – Plans ahead, manages time efficiently, is punctual, is cost conscious and is
constantly thinking of better ways to do things.
· Quality of Work – Pays attention to detail, checks own work for accuracy and quality and
takes personal responsibility for achieving quality standards. Sets goals and targets for self
which improve upon previous performance and constantly strive to exceed existing quality and
· Teamwork – Works sensitively with others and shares openly information and knowledge
with the appropriate people at the right time. Encourages a co-operative team approach to
handle workloads and overcome difficulties and maintains continuous dialogue with unit
members as appropriate.