Hedge Fund #002
The Portfolio Team at our hedge fund is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to lead the design and implementation of our cloud-based infrastructure and systems. As a key member of our technology team, you will collaborate closely with portfolio team members, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to build robust analytics and trade execution applications running 24/6.
• Work collaboratively with portfolio team members, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to build and maintain robust analytics and trade execution applications.
• Consult with development teams on designing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines, utilizing tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Kafka, PagerDuty, and DataDog.
• Ensure system stability and uptime for all tools and applications under this team’s management, including application and infrastructure monitoring, troubleshooting, and user support.
• Architect, develop, and maintain internal cloud platform components, frameworks, and offerings.
• Implement availability, security, performance monitoring, and alerting of cloud solutions.
• Build and maintain integrations with internal and external products and vendors.
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and accurately assess business risk to prioritize remediation.
• Design and implement new solutions to enable the firm to release code into production more efficiently.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, new platforms and tools, and develop a business case to adopt new technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, math).
• 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering or DevOps.
• Experience designing, deploying, and operating solutions in public cloud (AWS or Azure).
• Extensive background in building highly automated DevOps infrastructure.
• Systems engineering knowledge, including understanding of Linux, security, and networking.
• Experience with configuration and automation tools, such as Chef or Ansible is a plus.
• Strong coding skills in Python are required.
• Scripting skills in Bash and/or Powershell are required.
• Ability to establish and implement availability monitoring and performance management infrastructure.
• Ability to develop a Center of Excellence based model for tooling, application onboarding, best practices, and operations.