Fintech Software/Hedge Fund #042
Fintech Software/Hedge Fund organization based in Charlotte is looking for a Director of Infrastructure and Security (Once again this role is 80-100% hands on the keyboard technical) who has demonstrated leadership experience in all areas of IT, thrives in start-up environments, and delivers world-class solutions at a rapid pace. As Director of Infrastructure and Security, you will manage and grow the entire public/private cloud footprint while maintaining compliance with internal SLA metrics and industry regulations.
You will be located in Charlotte and will support both the Charlotte and Greenwich offices with the need to travel to Greenwich, CT several times a year. Travel to data center locations in Atlanta, GA and Ashburn, VA is also expected a few times a year as needed. You will be responsible for the full security posture of the organization and will be expected to keep it up-to-date based on the latest threats. You should have a strong foundation to build an Information Security program that can protect IT assets as well as educate employees, users, and developers. We offer competitive pay, company-paid employee healthcare, 401k with company match, and a generous PTO plan.
Necessary Technical Skills:
· 10+ years of Infrastructure and Security experience, 3-5 at a senior level
· Experience with public/private cloud models
· Expert level administration and maintenance of VMware ESXi
· 5+ years working with Microsoft’s Cloud Suite: Azure, Office 365, Teams, InTune, etc.
· Familiarity with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), preferably VMware Horizon or Citrix XenDesktop
· Experience managing and configuring servers, firewalls, networks
· Experience building and managing a Disaster Recovery (DR) Infrastructure
· Familiarity with the principles of DevOps and a strong desire for delivering repeatable solutions through automation
· Linux server administration
· Strong Security background and ability to monitor and mitigate the latest threats and discuss the organization’s security posture in detail with customers, partners, and relevant third parties
Desired Technical Skills:
· Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills as evidenced by prior management of a team for 3-5 years
· MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL Experience
· Exposure to Python Development and associated environments
· Hedge Fund Industry Experience, Quant Preferred
· Experience with Puppet/Ansible/Chef or other DevOps automation tools
· Experience with Replication and Recovery tools such as Veeam
· Experience presenting and preparing documents for customers and executives
· Experience managing an outside Managed Service Provider (MSP