Investment Firm #009
Global infrastructure team is looking for a leader in infrastructure engineering who is excited about building a best-in-class Linux environment for trading and financial research. This person will be responsible for many critical aspects of infrastructure at a well-respected hedge fund. This person will be responsible for design, implementation, engineering, and administration of highly reliable infrastructure that is used for low-latency trading and quantitative research, as well as back- and middle-office applications.
We operate a 24×7 mission-critical environment which features virtualization, containerization, exchange co-location, and enterprise storage. The ideal candidate for this role will arrive with proven expertise around many of these technologies and have the aptitude to quickly learn about the rest.
· Will be responsible for a growing Linux environment, including on-prem quantitative financial research infrastructure and several exchange-colocation sites. This includes architecting changes to the environment as well as overseeing maintenance of the environment. (We look to automate maintenance wherever possible.)
· Developing and executing strategic plans to take our environment to the next level, to support new types of trading, to reduce maintenance overhead, and to increase reliability.
· Managing other engineers with both direct and indirect influence.
· Working with senior stakeholders, including portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, and developers to determine how our infrastructure plant should change over time. Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with all stakeholders is a must.
· Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
· Minimum 5 years of hands on experience architecting solutions leveraging the Linux operating system at a top tier financial or technical firm. (We use RHEL.)
· Performance analysis and kernel tuning. Experience tuning systems to perform latency-critical tasks is preferred.
· Understanding of the Release and Deployment Management processes, preferably including Ansible and RedHat satellite experience.
· Experience using a scripting language for automation of sysadmin tasks.
· An understanding of how to setup and maintain detailed documentation on procedures, configurations, and data centers.
· Understanding of DevOps principles to serve as a bridge between Infrastructure and DevOps teams. Experience with containerization and Kubernetes is a plus.
Everyone on the team is expected to be hands-on, including participation in a call schedule and occasional data center work.