Financial Services Company #022
The candidate is expected to work closely across teams within our firm as a hands-on leader. A successful candidate will possess an in-depth knowledge of design patterns, software architecture and design principles and how to implement them. He/she should be familiar with common technologies used in distributed systems as well the use and maintenance of database systems.
The candidate must have strong knowledge of Python 3 and associated libraries. The engineer needs to constantly write unit tests and document all code. This person should have a solid understanding of the development process pipeline, practicing effective code version control, as well as Continuous Integration and Deployment. Most importantly, the candidate must be pro-active and adapt quickly to changes in the underlying software system and hardware infrastructure.
What You’ll Bring:
· Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from a top tier institution
· 10+ years of experience as a developer with experience in developing distributed systems; demonstrated experience mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
· Capable of mentoring and guiding junior members of the team who have had less experience in developing software systems
· Demonstrated ability to program in Python (working knowledge of Numpy, Pandas, Django and Asyncio) and developing cluster-based applications on Linux/Unix platforms; familiarity with scripting languages
· Working knowledge in various database and messaging technologies such as SQL, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra etc.
· Possess a strong mathematical background to better understand the quantitative environment and more effectively translate business requirements into software solutions
· Familiarity with technologies related to distributed systems such as Kafka, Redis, ZooKeeper, Mesos and Kubernetes
· Experience using relational (MySQL etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
· Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written form
· Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
· Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
· Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale