Hedge Fund #003
Our Linux Systems engineers spend time:
• Investigating new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically
complex compute issues for our customers.
• Raising the bar on performance through hardware and OS tuning.
• Developing tooling to automate tasks and implement/scale/test infrastructure services.
• Building and maintain systems following infrastructure-as-code principles.
• Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide and solving them
proactively before impacting customers.
• Diving deep into system and service interdependencies and configurations to find the root of a
• Studying and learning from industry recognized principal and distinguished engineers.
Commented [CG1]: global scale, maybe?
• 4+ years of experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a Linux-based
• Expert knowledge of Linux Environments (RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
• Deep experience in performing system performance analysis and tuning
• Strong development experience in Python
• Experience developing APIs
• Experience in use of virtualization/VMWare for compute infrastructure
• Ability to manage and implement large scale infrastructure projects
• Experience with infrastructure provisioning/management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform,
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS,
DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)