Quantitative Trading Firm #015
Low Level Software Engineer (C++)
Austin, Chicago, London, New York
Working as a coder means working on a small, highly productive and efficient team. We know you see “Trading” in our name and assume you’ll be relegated to some dark corner to code for the “business” but this impression is entirely wrong. At our firm, a fully automated trading firm based in NYC, the code you write *is* our business, so it is everyone’s job, top to bottom, to make sure our core dev team has everything they need to do their jobs well.
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and don’t mind the added bonus of having hard work rewarded through recognition and extremely competitive compensation. At our firm, coders are integral to the success of our trading, and they know it. You can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself working on critical software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
As a Core Developer, you will step into an incredible learning opportunity; our distributed system is on the Pareto frontier of latency and throughput. You’ll develop deep knowledge of C++ written with the latest standards, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocols. And you will be surrounded by amazing developers who are honing their skills every day. You’ll be amazed at what you accomplish.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- C++ experience is required, daily use (of most recent standards) preferred
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related… you’ll find like-minded people here.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do