Financial Services Company #021
This role you will perform Windows OS and 3rd party software patching during business hours and off-business
hours. Some night and weekend work will be required on specific systems that cannot be offline during business
hours. Prior experience using Quest KACE, formerly Dell KACE, is required. Patches and updates will be
packaged and deployed via KACE. This role will be responsible for analyzing the results of weekly threat and vulnerability scans. After analyzing the
results, they will need to develop a plan to remediate in order of severity. High risk threats are expected to be
patched quickly and thoroughly.
1. Analyze the results of weekly threat and vulnerability scans.
2. Develop plans for Windows desktop and server OS patching.
3. Develop plans for 3rd party software patching.
4. Execute those plans during business hours or after close of business, depending on the system.
5. Troubleshoot post patch failures and/or performance issues.
6. Report on patch status
· Experience working with Quest KACE, formerly Dell KACE, to patch Windows desktop and server OS
· Experience working with Quest KACE, formerly Dell KACE, to patch 3rd party applications
· Create patch labels, patch distribution, patch schedules in KACE
· Excellent written communication skills to inform clients of patching deployments and schedules
· 3+ years using KACE to patch Windows desktops and servers in a large-scale corporate environment
· Experience working in a high-pressure environment to find vulnerabilities and patch in a timely fashion
· Experience auditing and reporting on threats and vulnerabilities
· Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, software, database, etc.).
· Certifications like CompTIA A+, MCP, MCITP, etc. are preferred
· PowerShell scripting experience and automation preferred
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills