Fixed Income Firm #016
Platform Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Be part of our Platform Engineering team responsible for the core services of the firm.
Platform engineering will build and run the DevOps services such as logging, monitoring, CI/CD tools etc used in all of our business.
In addition they will help drive our DevOps efforts across all businesses. Platform Engineer’s main customers will be the company’s SREs and developers.
· Build and run core services for the firm, such as monitoring, logging and alerting
· Hel pdefine the CI/CD platform, building automation around our deployment and testing tooling
· Work with owners of reference data services to build scalable APIs for core data services.
· Help build a windows and linux hybrid runtime environment.
· Build and run our cloud application platform.
· BSc in a technical subject: e.g.CS, Math, Physics, EE or an equivalent level of technical knowledge required.
· 5years experience building and running core services for a medium to largeenterprise.
· Good core programming skills in either: Python, C , NodeJS or Java
· Strong experience with container orchestration technologies, Docker, K8s, Nomad, Mesosetc…
· Strong understanding of SRE practices
· Strong understanding of networking and Windows server environments… Linux is a plus.
· Experience with Metrics/APM platforms: e.g. Influx, Corvil, Datadog etc…
· Experience with log aggregation technologies: e.g.Splunk, ELK, Humio etc…