Top Investment Bank #005
Enabling our research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. Our Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. Production Engineer is responsible for the availability, reliability, latency and efficiency of our most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the observability of how our systems relate to each other; we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. You will drive practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless post mortems and proactive identification of potential outages will factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and dynamic day-to-day work. Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success.
• Run the Production environment by monitoring Service Level Objective (SLOs) and taking a holistic view of system health.
• Drive incident management process and blameless post-mortems.
• Collaborate with software engineering teams to improve services through performance improvements and automation
• Collaborate with software engineering teams to balance feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
• Collaborate with software engineering teams on solving business problems focused on creating sustainable systems and services that meet uptime and performance requirements
• Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
• Engage with the larger Site Reliability Engineering and Core Engineering organizations to adopt best operational practices
• Collaborate with our information security teams on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related services
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues during high-pressure situations
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions • Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
• 5+ years experience in software engineering Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
• Experience architecting, designing, administering, or developing applications in Amazon Web Services
• Familiarity with Linux OS engineering, configuration management, and troubleshooting
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting